Well, I have been chasing this one down for about three or four days. The goal was to get mesa-7.0.3 built on the fulong, but it just kept crashing in the build whining about dri. Couldn’t get around it.
Then I noticed (finally!) that it was also whining about gcc-config not being set on the system. Well… this had been the first time that I had seen this particular problem cause other problems, so I went about setting it, which was not really a hard thing to do and actually reminds me very much of the mpi-selector that exists for those that use mpi programming tools.
The second gcc-config had been set to the most recent version of gcc that I had on the system, the mesa build apparently appears to be going quite well.